REDFLEXrail® - Rail Crossing Camera Photo Enforcement
Deter drivers from illegally passing warning devices or stopping on tracks – two risky behaviors with destructive consequences
Violations at railroad crossings are among the most difficult to enforce – and among the most dangerous. Since it's basically impossible to stop a fast-moving train at a moment's notice, rail crashes involving vehicles are devastating and usually deadly.
REDFLEXrail® – the industry's leading rail crossing camera photo enforcement system specifically designed for railroads – utilizes state-of-the-art technology to enhance safety and security at these high-risk crossings. It deters drivers from rushing past warning devices or temporarily parking on the tracks, and it helps hold those who do accountable.
The REDFLEXrail Advantage
- Non-intrusive radar technology eliminates need for disruptive construction
- Leading-edge image recording and data capture technology
- Turnkey, ready-to-use solution
- No upfront costs
- Potential to generate surplus funds
- 100% compliant with all local, county, state and federal laws
- 24/7 customer support
- Dynamic back office providing violation verification and remote maintenance
- The system takes a close-up image of the violating vehicle's license plate.
- A second image is taken of the violation scene, along with a video of the incident and an audio recording of the crossing alarm.
Learn about our rail crossing camera and photo enforcement solutions. Contact Redflex Traffic Systems online or call (866) 703-8097 today.
In 2011, nearly 2,000 accidents at railroad crossings accidents resulted in 266 deaths and 991 serious injuries.
Federal Railroad Administration Office of Safety Analysis